8.11.2004

sometimes i think better in bullet-points...

  • customer service - what ever happened to good customer service? horrible things that happened to me this month:
    • it's a tape thing - payment not received even though i sent the check on july 29th. so since the payment not received, the book was never sent so i had to cancel today.
    • honeymoon yarn - payment sent via paypal, yarn not received. i e-mailed the girl THREE TIMES and haven't heard a damn thing.
    • nysc - overcharged $374 for 3 months after i had cancelled my membership. getting check cut, but won't receive for 2-4 weeks.
    • tech support on knitrowan.com - contacted them stating there was a problem with their website on netscape and firefox, but not internet explorer and got a response telling me how to apply to the site. HELLO i just wrote you telling you your site is not compatible with browsers so you can better serve your customers. *sigh* then i applied for international membership using internet explorer, added my cc information and hit submit... think it's going through and i log out. i don't receive a response saying my order is completed. then i log in today, and there are no orders in my account. i e-mail rowan, and no response. *sigh* i'm debating applying for the rowan international membership now.
  • my life as a techie - looks as if my life will be spent in front of a computer for the next two years...
    • my CTA application - most specifically my personal statement. i hate my personal statement. i loathe my personal statement. i need to write 500 words describing my and my employment history and why i want to apply to this program. what a pain. can't they just see i work for the school and just accept me already?
    • my nomination for KFL webmistress - i was playing around with this idea sometime last week while talking to some of the people on central council. apparently the the "nomination" went through and my name is on the ballot. how strange to see that... if you asked me 5 years ago that i would be as active in the sorority as i am now, i would laugh... now look at me. apparently most of the pages are in ASP, which i don't know at all. *sigh* hopefully the current webmaster will pass the knowledge...
    • programs i need to be learning - in addition to the SQL i'll be learning in school and the ASP i'll be learning for kappa, i'll be going to a coldfusion class in september... will my poor little brain be able to handle all of this knowledge at once?
    • my blogs - addicted i am. especially to the knitting one... getting a new comment from knitting friends is awesome... kinda like crack. not like i know what that's like.
  • studying - not like i've done it in a long time, but i think i know how to do it. i was watching this girl on the subway as i was knitting along... i can knit better and faster when i'm not looking... and i noticed her studying from her book and highlighting everything on the page. what's the point of that? zero notes in the margins. just a white page half-filled with yellow. quite curious.
  • being the best lacto-ovo-pesco vegetarian i could be - i've been trying to reclaim my l-o-p vegetarianism, but it's quite difficult with the friends and family... especially eating filipino foods... *drool* it's just SO GOOD. but absolutely utterly impossible to be veggie... :-(
  • rain - every time i want to go to six flags, god decides it's going to rain. why, god, why?
i'm sure there's more to rant about, but i'm being distracted by real work.... i will get to it another day. before i forget, cool links:
  • job predictor - i got:
    joy s*, Your ideal job is a Superhero.
    that is fitting, isn't it?
  • drunk guy game - sure it's in another language (german? dutch?), but it's damn fun. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home